Selk'bag Sleepwear System
Originally developed in 2006, the Selk'bag Sleepwear System was created by Rodrigo Alonso of Musuchouse in Santiago, Chile.
Mountain’s Best Gear, North American distributor of the Selk’bag Sleepwear System announces the fourth edition of its technical sleepwear system, Selk’bag 4G Lite. With lighter-weight materials, brighter colors and more refined sizing and fit than the previous third generation model, the 4G Lite is the sleepwear system for recreational camping, indoor wear, car travel and even tailgating.
Reinforced nylon soles and ripstop and water-resistant fabric make the 4G Lite durable for outdoor use. The 4G Lite’s thermal collar and baffled construction keep the wearer warm at all angles, as well.
“Selk’bag 4G Lite is an evolution in what people should be expecting from sleeping bags,” says Phil Benson, CEO of Mountain’s Best Gear. “This sleepwear system provides mobility and lightweight warmth at an affordable price.”
The 4G Lite has a comfort rating of 45 degrees Fahrenheit, making it ideal for two-season wear. By simplifying the third generation version, Selk’bag has created a more consumer-friendly sleeping bag alternative with no-zip, quick-release hand systems, sleeker design and a more snug fit.
Available in kid and adult sizing, the 4G Lite comes in three bold, fun colors – Dark Shadow, a dark grey, Surf the Web, a royal blue, and Hyacinth Violet.
Technical features include:
- Baffled construction to eliminate cold spots
- Soft, yet durable ripstop nylon shell with DWR (durable water resistant) finish
- Reinforced nylon soles prevent wear and lateral grips give traction on multiple surfaces
- A hood with drawstring for added warmth
- Compacting carry sack
- Thermal collar around the head and neck to prevent drafts
- Exaggerated draft tubes to stop heat loss around zippers
- Wide zipper tape, preventing snags