Arizona Department of Public Service Fallen Officer

I drive down Beeline Highway at times and I always see the Bob Martin Memorial. Sitting on the west side of the Beeline Highway between Shea Blvd and Saguaro Lake turn off. I always wanted to stop but didn’t. So one day coming back from Four Peaks I decided to stop and pay my respects to the fallen officer.


Badge: 474

Officer Martin, a 27-year veteran with the Department, was shot to death during a traffic stop on the Beeline Highway, about seven miles north of Shea Boulevard. His assailant, Ernesto Salgado Martinez, a 19-year-old ex-convict from Globe, fled the scene and was captured two days later in California. Martinez was convicted on Sept. 26, 1997 of one count of first-degree murder, two counts of theft and two counts of misconduct. He was sentenced to death by lethal injection on Aug. 18, 1998. 

  End of Watch:
 August 15, 1995

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just stumbled upon your blog today and was touched by the memory of Bob Martin that you put on her. Bob and my Dad grew up together and he was an AMAZING man that is greatly missed.
Safe Travels.
Kim